Craft project for Valentine's Day


One of the most creative people on earth, Darcy Miller, sent out a Valentine's day box last year that was the cutest thing I had ever seen. It inspired me to create my own little personalized box greeting. Here are the supplies you need.
Craft Scissors (I used the Majestic pattern), Elmer's Glue, a fine point red pen, 2 style of boxes from papermart.com; a 31/8x21/16x11/4 slide box and a 4x3x2 white tuck box, craft paper shred, $1.68 stamp, Hershey's kisses, shiny card stock or photo paper, velum and label paper. A paper cutter is a huge help also.
I'll confess for an over-achiever, time-stressed, business woman, with child this was a challenge to complete quickly. I would rate it a code red on the crafty time scale. I have to give a big THANK YOU to Julianne Austin, Laura Irizarry and Caitlin McGettigan. Without my co-workers I would have not pulled this off.





Print 2 different photos on glossy card stock, cut with craft scissors- the corners take a little work (thanks Julianne), glue on front and back of slide box. Create vellumn artwork - I just drew mine on plain paper- print on vellumn. I recommend using an inexpensive paper cutter to cut these sheets. Add Hershey's kisses and place vellum on top. Volia instant message Kisses from Cathy and family.

For the outer box, again, I did original artwork and made copies on label paper. Stuff with paper shred, I used red foil shred that I found at Lee's Art Supply in NYC for $3.99 a bag. You only need 1 or 2 bags - I sent out 75 boxes and 2 bags were perfect.

Add stamps and mail!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!