Who Wore it Best? Julia Roberts, Michelle Obama, Cathy Riva and the Perfect Party Cardigan




What do Julia Roberts and Michelle Obama have in common? Besides being fabulous? They also have the same eye for fashion. I love this embroidered peonies cardigan. It is by designer L'Wren Scott.

I was watching one of the last Oprah episodes, with Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks, and first saw this sweater in May 2011. I could not find it anywhere online. Well, it turns out this sweater keeps good company. First Lady Obama wore it first! I stumbled upon one of my talented photographer's blogs, Donna Newman and Ian McGaffic, about working behind the scenes on Martha Stewart Presents: A Hallmark Special "America's Moms- A Celebration for Military Families" with Michelle Obama in April and low and behold, the sweater AGAIN. I had to track it down.

It really is a work of art with the embroidered red peonies in the perfect spots. I googled Michelle Obama, Julia Roberts and the word "designer". L'Wren Scott, stylist, luxury designer and longtime girlfriend of Mick Jagger, was the link between the two. It sells online in black, but for those who want this perfect party cardigan in beige the NYC Barneys only has the one I'm modeling below at this posting time.

Who Wore It Best? You decide. Leave a comment here or facebook mention at Cathy Riva of Riva Events.

photo credits: Oprah Winfrey Website, Donna Newman and my blackberry.